We are proud of all our students
- Large Group Challenge Champion Award at the International Dance Competition for a fan dance entitled “Rising Lotus.” Xian Yun CA entered four dances into the International Dance Competition in April, 2014: “Rising Lotus,” a duet by two boys, and solos by two girls.
- Merit Award by Xian Yun CA 9th graders for being a High Scoring Team with the Sigma Mathematics League in 2014.
- 11 different recognitions for two solos, a duet, and a group dance entered at the 2014 KAR Dance Competition in San Jose. Every Xian Yun entry received a high point award and an Elite Top First Award or, in the category that did not include the Elite award, a Top First Award. Their Mongolian dance routine also received “Most Precise and Unique,” Best Costume Award, and Nominee for the Video of the Week Award.
- Second Place win by music students Jeffrey Qiu and Michael Wierenga in both the Showcase Piano Duet category and the Showcase Piano Duo category in the 2014 U.S. Open Music Competition.
- “Excellent” ratings by two students on the 2014 Music Teachers Association of California (MTAC) level 10 exam for piano. “Excellent” is the highest mark of quality for passing students, and level 10 is the highest level exam offered for piano.
- Top Ten Winner recognition by Fine Arts student Xin Li in the Celebrating Art Contest. The celebrating art contest is a national contest with submissions from around the country.
- Best Costume Award, High Point Award, and Elite Top First for Secondary Small Group recognitions for the Xian Yun CA dance competition team’s water sleeves routine at the 2013 KAR competition. They were also invited to the New York convention, and were recognized by the judges as being “simply beautiful.”
- 1st place and 3rd place Calligraphy awards in the academic contest by the Association of Northern California Chinese Schools in 2012.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in the middle school short story category of the 2011 San Francisco Young at Art Literary Arts contest, organized by the San Francisco Unified School District.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners (second year in a row) in the middle school short story category of the 2012 San Francisco Young at Art Literary Arts contest.
- Top ACT Plan and Explore scores. Average score is in the top 10% nationwide, with one-third scoring in the top 1%.
- First place in Redwood City 4th of July parade in 2010.
- First place in Columbus Day parade in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- First place in St. Patrick’s Day parade in 2011.