Admissions Procedure for International Students
Xian Yun Academy of the Arts welcomes students from all over the world to be part of our school and community. Students do not need to have artistic training before coming here, but they must show interest in one of our majors: Ballet, Chinese Dance, Visual Arts or Music.
Transcripts must be translated into English before submission. Other information (such as English as Second Language (ESL) test scores) that may be helpful in determining the grade level and academic course level placement at Xian Yun Academy, should also be included.
Upon arrival, all students whose native language is not English will be given a test to assess their fluency for placement into the ESL Program. ESL students are tested each year and placed in the appropriate level until they test out of ESL and can take regular English courses with native English-speaking students.
When an international applicant is accepted by Xian Yun Academy and is issued an I-20, the student must visit the U.S. consulate in his or her country so the consulate can confirm through SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) that the I-20 the student is carrying is a valid document. If everything is in order, the consulate will issue a student visa. A USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service) officer at the airport will confirm through SEVIS that the student’s enrollment in Xian Yun Academy is valid, and will issue the student an I-94 form. While in the U.S., it is very important to keep records of the visa and other documents, and pay close attention to the expiration dates.
International Student Application Process
- Contact Xian Yun by email or phone at +1-415-431-3161.
- Complete and submit our Application Form by email
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $100
- Upon receiving your application, we will contact you within a week to schedule an interview.
- Email or fax the applicant’s report cards and test scores
- Phone Interview with Xian Yun Academy Administrators
*Application Deadline for the 2019-2020 school year: January 31st, 2019
**Xian Yun Academy will consider late applications only if there are openings. Email us to inquire if there are any openings.
- Xian Yun Academy determines if the student fully meets admission requirements and has the financial ability to pay for the education and living expenses.
- Upon acceptance, Xian Yun Academy will send an acceptance letter, a signed copy of the I-20 form, and the SEVIS I-901 receipt to the student.
- Non-immigrant students who are not in the U.S. must apply to their local U.S. consulate for an F-1 visa.
- Decision letters for the upcoming school year will be sent out in mid-March. (For completed applications received after mid-March, we will mail decision letters within two weeks after the interview.)
2018-2019 International Student Tuition
Middle School (Grades 6-8): $28,800/ year (8:00am – 6:00pm)
High School (Grades 9-12): $33,800 / year (8:00am – 6:00pm)
*Tuition includes the cost of instruction, books and educational materials, and laboratory fees.
Additional Fees: $500/year for art supplies or costumes/props.
Optional Programs(Highly Recommended):
School Breakfast Program: $450/year, which usually includes eggs, rice porridge (congee), steamed rolls, bread, waffles, milk, cereal and salted vegetables.
School Lunch Program: $1,350/year, which is typically a healthy home-cooked Chinese buffet including soup, rice, fresh vegetables, meats, milk and fruit. On Fridays, homemade organic pizza, fresh fruit, milk and juice is served.